Get Moving (No Equipment Necessary!)
Activity ideas for spring:
- Get some friends together and volunteer for a community gardening or playground renovation project.
- Try something new! Check your city guide to find free festivals, shows, and museum exhibits that are coming to your area.
- Pack a picnic (don’t forget the trail mix) and take a hike! Find fun hikes and parks in your area.
- Learn a new activity, like tennis or badminton.
- Too old for field day? Never! Hold your own in your neighborhood. Check out some of these ideas to get you started!
- Put spring on the table with a meal complete with yummy spring veggies and fruit.
- Plant a vegetable garden and watch your veggies grow all spring and summer!
- Trade in your morning oatmeal for some refreshing smoothies—a different one for each day of the week!
- Don’t play a school sport? Consider joining a community league. Your area may have fun activities not offered by your school like kickball or swimming.
Host a talent show at your next sleepover! Write down some activities—like singing, dancing, making something out of clay, and writing a poem—on small slips of paper. Have each person pick a talent activity out of a hat, then vote on your fave performances! You may just discover some hidden talents!