Celebrate Halloween with Best Bones Forever!
Halloween is the perfect time to talk about bone health! Try some of these ideas to celebrate the holiday Best Bones Forever! style!
- Throw a Halloween party—whether you’re having a fall festival or an actual Halloween party at your school or program, you can include some of these fun elements:
- A bone health trivia game with prizes of journals or magnets
- Tattoo application station with the “exskullmation” point tattoos
- Smoothie taste tests (Try a “boo-berry” smoothie with blueberries, yogurt, and milk.)
- “Pumpkin” punch with calcium-fortified orange juice and club soda or ginger ale
- Costume contest—play up the friendship theme in Best Bones Forever! by encouraging students to dress up as famous friends through history
- Halloween lesson plans
- Social Studies or Computer classes
- Borrow a life-size skeleton from the science teachers (or put a picture of one up in the room) and have the students sketch it. They can individualize their skeletons by making them do a physical activity, like gymnastics or playing basketball, based on their own interests.
- Language Arts
- Encourage students to write a Halloween-themed poem, story, skit, or song about how they and their best friends are getting active and eating healthy.
- Scary Stories